How To Sell Your iPhone And Get Most Cash For It?
The Apple iPhone has become one of the most popular and most desired gadgets of the hi-tech era that we live in. And the love for iPhones is a real thing. People are actually obsessed with their iPhone and never want to part with their iPhone. However, sometimes they are in a situation where they have to sell it for whatever reasons. The following article will help you get the most out of your handset. If you are looking for how to sell iPhone, you will find this information particularly useful.
Never Dump Your Old, Unwanted iPhone Into a Drawer!
If you are like a lot of people who have trouble getting rid of their old mobile phones that they no longer have any use for. Chances are you have a stash of phones getting rusty and dusted lying somewhere in your house.
Technology is rapidly changing and people are constantly replacing their old devices with new ones. This means that people are often left with things they don’t need but which may not be totally useless. Just because you are not using them anymore, it does not mean that someone else will not be able to benefit from your used phones.
If you are tired of hoarding old, unused mobile phones in your home and planning of disposing them, bear in mind that it is never a good idea to throw these items in the trash bins. Throwing such gadgets only adds to a very serious problem of electronic waste that is a looming threat to the global environment. So, when the time comes to get rid of your unwanted phones and other gadgets, instead of throwing your old phones into the dumpster, recycle them by selling them online.
You can sell all types of mobile phones including Apple iPhones online. No matter if they are in working condition or completely damaged. There are a lot of benefits of selling them, some of which are as follow:
- You make some money in return.
- You are able to declutter your house.
- You cut off the price of your new handset as you can use your earnings to purchase it.
- You participate in maintaining and protecting the environment.
How Much Is Your Old iPhone Worth?
Before you go on and sell your old iPhone in the market, make sure that you are satisfied with the price you are being offered. Check that you aren’t pricing it too low or too much since anything priced too low can tell people that this certain item is not in good condition anymore. A really good priced phone will result in people being interested in your handset getting you all the money that you will need in no time. You can go online to check the expected price for your specific iPhone model.
What Happens When You Consider Selling Your Old iPhone
It is a part of every phone owner’s life when they think they should replace their old phones to the latest model. In all such situations, selling your old phone is one of the best solutions to get rid it of in a favourable manner. Below are some situations when you usually consider selling your old iPhone:
- Mobile phone companies are launching new models every other day. And we always want to have the most high-end and updated versions of mobile phones and other gadgets. This results in buying the most recent gadget on the market and stowing away your old devices.
- Another reason could be that you want to sell your old phone to get a good price for it while you still can. Mostly, the prices of old models fall when new models are introduced in the market.
- Last but not the least, though Apple iPhones are durable enough but the possibility of breakage is also there. If your iPhone has an internal fault or simply gets damaged due to a sudden fall or water exposure, the best thing to consider is to sell it for cash instead of spending hundreds of pounds on its repair.
In short, if you are sure that you are not going to use your old iPhone anymore because of any reason, why not sell it and earn money instead of just letting it rot in your cupboard or drawer.
Where to Sell iPhone For Cash?
Nowadays, mobile phone users typically get a new phone every 11 to 18 months and show their interest in selling the old ones to discard them in a good way.
There are various online places through which you can sell your old mobile phones and get cash in return. Let’s have a look at how to sell your iPhone online and get cash in return.
Apple Store & Mobile Carriers
If you are in contract with Apple Inc. and now looking for upgrading your iPhone for whatever reason, you can get the benefit of their iPhone Upgrade Program through which they take your old iPhone and allow you to buy a new one of your choice.
However, if you purchased your iPhone from any mobile carrier’s shop, you can also sell it back to them. In the UK, all major carriers such as O2, Three UK, Tesco Mobile, giffgaff, Vodafone, and EE not only sell iPhones but also offer an upgrade or replacement deals for their valued customers. So, you can take the benefit of such programs to dispose of your old iPhone.
eBay, Gumtree & Craigslist
eBay and Craigslist are other popular online places that let you sell iPhone you no longer want. You can simply post an ad there regarding your phone and interested buyers will contact you to get your product. Though these platforms are the easiest way to sell, it is also a fact that so many scamming people are listed there. So, you should beware of them and try to look for a reliable and trustworthy buyer.
Amazon & Best Buy Etc.
These retail shops also facilitate you if you want to sell your old iPhones. Hence, they have some strict policies as well as extra charges, so you have to make some compromise on earnings if you go for any of them.
Mobile Phone Recycling Sites
The easiest way, however, is to sell your iPhone to a mobile phone recycling company because they are known to pay you the highest amount of cash for it. These companies specialise in the recycling, reuse, and reconditioning of old phones. They buy almost any iPhone model from anyone, regardless of the condition, whether it is an outdated iPhone or a broken one. Many of the phones are re-conditioned and then sold on to developing countries for reuse. In addition, the phones that are beyond repair are broken down into their components and recycled accordingly. Every phone has a small amount of precious metals such as copper, silver, and gold inside which can be recovered and recycled. The less valuable components are then either disposed of properly or recycled to be reused in producing new products.
How to Sell Your iPhone to a Recycling Company and Get Most Cash For It?
The process of selling through recycling companies has been made very simple and has been broken down into these few steps. However, it might be a difficult task to search for a recycling company that you can trust completely. If you visit multiple recycling sites one by one and then compare all of them to avail the best deal for your iPhone, keep in mind it will be time-consuming and hectic.
Hence, thanks to recycling comparison websites that have made it easier than ever. With the help of advanced comparison techniques, such sites let you get a list of top recycling websites with their exclusive offers on a single page so that you can easily find out the top-most price for your iPhone. Here’s how you can get the most cash out of your iPhone:
- Choose your specific iPhone model from the featured products on a comparison site or you can write it on the search bar. (No matter you own a good-conditioned iPhone or a damaged one, you can find the deals to sell it.)
- Once you do so, the comparison tool will start working and bring a list of top deals from the reputable recycling companies on your screen.
- Just pick up the topmost deal from there and complete your sale procedure online.
- After that, you need to send your phone to the selected recycler’s location and they will pay you within 2-5 working days once they receive your device and examine it thoroughly. (You can get money via cheque or bank transfer.)
What You Need To Consider While You Sell iPhone Through a Comparison Site
When you are looking to get the most cash for an iPhone, approaching a comparison website is a wise option for you. It gives you the assurance that you get the highest price for your old or even broken iPhone as well as saves you time and cuts hassle. Nevertheless, for this, you need to choose a site that is trustworthy and professional in the service they provide. This can be verified in many ways such as previous client’s testimonials or the display of associations and certifications. Getting handsome cash payment for your old, used or broken iPhone can be really tricky.
What to Do Before Selling Your iPhone?
If you have made a decision about selling your iPhone, the next thing to do is to prepare your phone for sale. Before you post your iPhone to the chosen recycler, the following things should be done:
- Back up your documents, photos, and videos to your computer or a cloud storage service. Applications can be backed up with iCloud.
- Disable “Find My iPhone Activation Lock”.
- Sign out of all accounts.
- Reset your phone to factory settings by going to Settings App > General > Reset and then tap on “Erase All Content and Settings”. To confirm your action, you will need to type your Apple ID’s passcode.
- Remove casing, screen protector and your SIM card.
- Clean your iPhone’s screen and body using a soft cotton cloth.
- Collect all the accessories you want to send with your Phone.
- Put your phone with accessories in its original box if you have.
By doing all these things you will insure that your data has been protected.
Be Good To Yourself and the World Also!
When you are selling your phone to a mobile phone recycling company you are not only benefiting yourself but helping the world as well. Mobile phones and similar items that are tossed out with regular household waste end up in landfill sites where they will have a damaging effect on the ecosystem.
There are valuable metals inside your phone for instance glass, plastics, and metals such as silver, gold, copper, lead etc. which can be extracted and used over again in an extraordinary recycling process. Recycling is a practice- devised to reduce the landfill waste. So, remember this and be good to yourself and the earth you live in by selling your phones and other electronic gadgets for cash.