After you get a new tab, you are probably wondering what to do with the old one. Thankfully, many dealers, sellers, and retailers facilitate the process of selling your old tablet and getting most money for it. The last thing you want to do is simply put your unwanted tab in the trash. Not only would you almost literally be throwing away money, but disposing of e-devices in such a manner is bad for the environment. These retailers literally help you and the Earth by channelling the disposal in a more responsible fashion and yielding profit for you.
We have put-up a detailed guideline on how to sell your tablet! So, continue reading the following article and understand how, when, and where you can sell your old tablet and to get the best price.
Why You Need to Sell Your Tablet
Remember these 4 reasons when you ultimately make the decision to sell iPad or any other tablet.
- The first reason to sell your tablet is the cash earnings. Online companies offer cash for all kinds of tablets. They buy them to recycle or resell them. Therefore, pay you cash in return. Normally, you can get the half of the original price of tabs or even more, depending upon the condition.
- Upgrading to a new version is another reason to sell your old tablet. Every year manufacturers create newer models of their products and these latest versions are full of new features and advancements. For most common users, it is impossible to afford to buy any tablets every time a new model is introduced in the market. However, it does not mean they don’t wish to upgrade every couple of years. Those who wish to purchase a newer model, simply need to find the money to do so. Choosing to sell your tablet in its previous version will give you the opportunity to afford a newer one.
- Another reason why you need to sell your tablet is the value effect. Most likely, your tab has some value to it, as tablets themselves are still relatively new to the electronics world. However, like any e-device, changes and innovations are continuing to recreate the electronics market. In just a few short years, your tab won’t be worth nearly as much as it is now. It’s better to go ahead and sell the tablet while you can still receive a good amount of money for it.
- The final reason to sell your tablet is the environmental factor. If you have a broken tablet that needs to be disposed-off then you should consider selling for recycling instead of throwing it in garbage tin. Like other electronic devices, tablets also possess some harmful substances which damage the environment if not discarded properly. So, by deciding to sell your broken tablet, you can actually help the environment since it decreases the e-waste and reduces the amount of material required to produce a new gadget.
When To Sell Your Old Tablet
Today is the best time to sell a tablet you no longer need. No need to wait for seasonal discount offers, nowadays, the internet is full of opportunities you can grab to turn your old unwanted tab into cash instantly. Simply start searching for the best possible deals available for your specific tablet and opt for the highest one!
How to Prepare Your Tablet For Sale
So you have decided you are going to sell your tablet that you no longer want to use. That’s really great! Preparing your tablet for sale is the next step if you want to keep yourself away from any trouble and get the most money. Here’s what you should do before selling your tablet:
Back up Your Tab’s Data
I am sure you have stored a lot of information and data on your tab, which you don’t want to lose. There will probably be photos, contacts, videos, notes, documents, apps, music and much more you want to have on your new tab. Therefore, it’s advised that you should back up your tab’s data before selling it. Here’s how you can back an Apple iPad or an Android tab:
If you own an Apple iPad, you can back up your data via iCloud or iTunes.
iCloud Backup: For creating a backup using iCloud, all you need to go to Settings > iCloud > Backup.
iTunes Backup: If you are interested in making a backup using iTunes then you should follow the below steps:
- Connect your iPad to your PC.
- Click on the Device icon placed at the left side of the iTunes window.
- Choose Summary from the sidebar.
- And then choose Back Up Now under Manually Back Up and Restore.
If you own an Android tablet then here’s what you need to do to back up the gadget.
It might be varied on each model. Open Settings > Personal > Backup and Reset > Backup & reset. In terms of photos, you can use any built-in-solutions such as Google Photos, Google Drive, and Google+ Auto Upload on Android.
Clean Up The Tab
Yes, this is another vital step you should take to prepare your tablet for sale. You should remove all the data, information, and settings that you ever used on your tab. For this, you should perform a full wipe and restore on the device.
Android Tablet: To wipe an Android tablet, simply go to Settings > Personal > Backup and Reset > Factory Data Reset.
Where to Sell Your Old Tablet
Definitely, your next question would be this; where can you sell your tablet for cash? In the past, when most of the people upgraded the phones and tablets, they left their old gadgets in the dusty drawers or cupboards and then ended them in garbage sites. But with the awareness of selling and recycling of electronic gadgets, now most people sell their old phones and tablets when they buy a new one.
If you are looking for where you
eBay and Craigslist
Both websites are the biggest places where people sell their old used tablets and other electronic gadgets and earn money in return. But there is a fact that these platforms are also a great source of income for scammers. So, if you want to sell your old tablet via eBay or Craigslist, you should make sure you look for a trustworthy buyer. It obviously takes time and involves some hassle too. Further, on eBay, you will also have to pay listing fees to post an ad for your tablet.
Hence, with proper attention and research work, you can find a favourable deal on these sites.
Mobile Recycling Companies
If you are not interested in facing the hassle of listing on eBay or Craigslist and want a simple and reliable option then considering recycling companies might be the best option for you.
Recycling companies have an aim of promoting a Green environment by reducing the electronic waste. These companies take all sorts of smartphones and tablets in any condition and pay you cash for them in return. Bear in mind, like mobile phones, tablets also contain some hazardous substances in their parts, therefore, they can trigger air and water pollution if disposed of in the landfill sites.
This is why mobile recycling companies buy your old gadgets and recycle them in an environmentally-friendly way. So, it’s a wise decision if you sell your old iPad or any other tablet to a certified recycling firm. By doing so, you will not only make some money in exchange for your old gadget but also participate in maintaining the Green Living across the country.
How to Get The Best Price For Your Old Tablet
Mobile recycling comparison websites are an ideal source for helping you get the best price for your mobile phone and tablet. The comparison sites have listed the best and most reliable recycling companies and compare them against each other for the particular make and model that you have searched for. You can even sell broken tablets and get more money back in their exchange.
Therefore, there is no need to spend endless hours exploring all the recycling sites and seeking who pays the most, plus most of the recyclers change the prices every couple of days, so with an advanced comparison site, you can compare all of these sites with only a few clicks and get the top price for your old or even damaged tablet.
It’s now time to de-clutter, earn yourself some money and help out the environment too.